[TechAssist] Re: Philips PTV615-AH01 FP4610 W104 Loses video momentarily

  • From: "Larry E." <videotech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 15:30:52 -0500

Peggs, picture had a slight flicker to it just before the tubes go
blank, they go out all at once sort of like the Sony IK problem, audio
is always present as is HV, did not check a/v or PIP, as I said in
the first post if I turn up G2 to one of the tubes it has a grey washed
out raster with retrace lines. Larry

peggs wrote:

> Does it slowly come and go (filament)  or all at once(HV,Signal etc.) ???
> Does Sound stay ???
> A/V inputs ???
> PIP ???
>
> Peggs
>
> At 10:59 AM 11/22/02 -0500, Larry E. wrote:
>
>>Hi guys, went out on this PTV615-AH01 yesterday for a complaint of
>>no video,screen goes black, audio ok. When I got there the set was
>>working perfectly,leaned on heatsinks,cables etc. could not duplicate
>>customers complaint, C913 1000uf @ 16v looks like it has been
>>overheated, ( pvc covering shrunk ). Watched the set for 1/2 hour
>>re-installed back cover and advised customer that I would have to see it
>>fail in order to check the set, I no sooner told her that and the screen
>>went black for approx. 4-5 minutes and then came back and played
>>perfectly again, turned up screen control on green crt and got grey
>>screen with retrace lines, I`m going to order the schematic today,
>>anybody seen this one ?
>>--
>>Larry Eastman
>>American TV & Electronics
>>Crystal River, Fl.
>>http://www.tvjunkyard.com
>>
>>------------------------------------------
>>To REMOVE your email address, click here:
>> http://www.tech-assist.org/unsubb.html
>>To CHANGE your email address, click here:
>> http://www.techassist.net/forms/change.html
>>------------------------------------------
>>***NEW*** Tips Added Instantly!!!***
>>Submit Repair Tips here: