[TechAssist] Philips PTV615-AH01 FP4610 W104 Loses video momentarily

  • From: "Larry E." <videotech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 10:59:49 -0500

Hi guys, went out on this PTV615-AH01 yesterday for a complaint of
no video,screen goes black, audio ok. When I got there the set was
working perfectly,leaned on heatsinks,cables etc. could not duplicate
customers complaint, C913 1000uf @ 16v looks like it has been
overheated, ( pvc covering shrunk ). Watched the set for 1/2 hour
re-installed back cover and advised customer that I would have to see it
fail in order to check the set, I no sooner told her that and the screen
went black for approx. 4-5 minutes and then came back and played
perfectly again, turned up screen control on green crt and got grey
screen with retrace lines, I`m going to order the schematic today,
anybody seen this one ?
--
Larry Eastman
American TV & Electronics