[TechAssist] Re: Philips PS1966 chassis 19E8 Dead set.

  • From: John at Main TV <maintv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 10:35:45 -0700

Do you have a service manual for this TV?  The training manual is on the
members area under E8 training.  The Sams for it is 4384, it is much
better than the mag manual because their schematic is in small pieces.
I have never repaired one of these, the customer never approves the
estimate.  They are basically a disposable TV.  (how's that for
encouragement?)  John.

LeRoy Westlund wrote:

> Hi Members,
> This set has all it's standby voltages, and the deg. relay clicks on, then
> back off, when first plugged in.
> H.O.T. collector reads 91.5 volts.
> +5 volts to Micro-p, and Eprom is OK.
> No action when pushing on/off button.
> I removed Eprom, but set will still not turn on.
> All fuses are OK. H.O.T. checks good.
> I tried child lock protection with remote, by holding on button down for 10
> seconds.
> NO help. Is there a child lock code on this set, that I don't know about ?
> When I was checking the voltage on the +5 volt reg. IC, it triggered a load
> audio tone, like an alarm sounding off. Had to pull plug and reset, now back
> to square one.
>
> Any help is appreciated,
> LLW
>
> LeRoy Westlund
> Westlund TV & Electronics              I've heard it said:
> 93 North Main                             "that a fool never learns"
> Centerfield, UT 84622-0087     It kinda reminds me of me.
> Ph./Fax  435-528-3822
> mailto:LLW@xxxxxxxxxx

John Mielke
Main TV