[TechAssist] Philips PS1966 chassis 19E8 Dead set.

  • From: "LeRoy Westlund" <llw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TechAssist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 09:41:47 -0700

Hi Members,
This set has all it's standby voltages, and the deg. relay clicks on, then
back off, when first plugged in.
H.O.T. collector reads 91.5 volts.
+5 volts to Micro-p, and Eprom is OK.
No action when pushing on/off button.
I removed Eprom, but set will still not turn on.
All fuses are OK. H.O.T. checks good.
I tried child lock protection with remote, by holding on button down for 10
seconds.
NO help. Is there a child lock code on this set, that I don't know about ?
When I was checking the voltage on the +5 volt reg. IC, it triggered a load
audio tone, like an alarm sounding off. Had to pull plug and reset, now back
to square one.

Any help is appreciated,
LLW

LeRoy Westlund
Westlund TV & Electronics              I've heard it said:
93 North Main                             "that a fool never learns"
Centerfield, UT 84622-0087     It kinda reminds me of me.
Ph./Fax  435-528-3822
mailto:LLW@xxxxxxxxxx