[TechAssist] Re: Philips Magnavox TP3681C101 chassis 36D700-7570

  • From: "Leonard G. Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 10:12:28 -0500

Thanks guys.  Normally I would agree and I am very careful when adjusting
values that might affect high voltage or deflection currents.  That is why I
asked for comments.  In this case the circuit does not seem to depend very
much on the caps for tuning.  This I thought was interesting.  It runs with
no noticeable change in width or amplitude of the collector output with a
larger cap or with a smaller value in circuit.  I do notice a bit of noise
riding on the output waveform that is absent with either cap in circuit,
which is why I would characterize its application as a bypass.  Seems like a
pretty stable design & thought it would make for interesting discussion.

We often discuss the issue of using original parts and most of us agree that
it is best to do so.  I am one who generally does.  I also like to
understand the circuit designs and their behavior and do not assume that the
original part is always the only acceptable solution, or even the best
solution in every case.  Better understanding often requires going "outside
of the box" or experimenting.

Leonard G. Caillouet
Service Manager
Electronics World