[TechAssist] Re: Philips Magnavox TP3681C101 chassis 36D700-7570

  • From: "Leonard G. Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 10:27:07 -0500

Joe,

The width is right on.  Unless it was off before there has been no change.
Seems to me that a 1200pF  or 2200pF cap on a collector to ground is not
going to significantly affect deflection, only drop noise to ground.

In fact, after playing with a couple of values of caps I find that the cap
has almost no effect at all on the timing or amplitude of the output, but
does in fact reduce some hash riding on the signal and smooths it out a bit.

Leonard G. Caillouet
Service Manager
Electronics World
Gainesville, FL