[TechAssist] Philips Magnavox 19PR15, 19A800 chassis, video washed out...

  • From: Philip Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 12:24:17 -0500

Still fighting this one.Became a "shop set". Display was totally
black,with HV.and sound.
Turned up G2 on fly to illuminate screen and it did,with the usual
expected white screen and retrace lines from overdrive. But I still at
least see a very faded video signal. I checked the entire CRT board
components,all seem OK, no open resistors or shorted transistors.The
three 2 watt 18K resistors on CRT board feeding the outputs,
(#3314,3324,3334) all have about +194.00V on source sides and about
+193.00V on other sides.The screen control works. I have a full
screen,sound,tuner operation. too faint to see if there is OSD.
At this point I simply want to solve this.It's getting personal ;-)
Wondering if that jungle chip(TDA8373C) is the cause.
Phil Bader
--
Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)