[TechAssist] Re: Philips F8 - Vert Problem

  • From: mebonnell@xxxxxxxxx (Old TV Man)
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 16:29:57 -0500

Dan I have the schematic if you want any of it scanned.

Max Bonnell
Bonnell TV
Robinson, IL

Sender: techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx From:
dgarris@xxxxxxxxxxx(Dan=A0Garris) Date: Mon, Oct 11, 2004, 5:03pm
(CDT+1) To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Philips
F8 - Vert Problem? Reply=A0to: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thats what I thought as well. I have no Yoke buzzing and the picture has
no Convergence problems or keystoning - just the bottom half of the
picture has "lots of lines" in it. You can see thru the lines and make
out the bottom of the picture and when you change channels the On-screen
display (which shows at the top of the picture) can be seen retracing at
the bottom of the screen along with the lines in the bottom of the
screen. The top half is fine. I even replaced C2489 even though it
tested ok with the ESR meter. I still have the problem. I've not seen
this problem on the F8 before!

Dan Garris
Garris TV
New Bern, NC
dgarris@xxxxxxxxxxx
(252) 638-4477

From: "John at Main TV" <maintv2004@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Philips F8 - Vert Problem?
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 14:47:15 -0600

The F8 is very common for yoke problems but your symptom does not sound
like
a yoke. It usually causes bad convergence or a buzz. The only way that I
know to check is by substitution from another 27 ". Or if you swap one
from a 25", it will work but the convergence will be way off. The cost
of the yoke is around $50. The common problem for foldover on the bottom
is C2489. John.

John Mielke
Main TV
636 main St.