[TechAssist] Philips CDR785 CDR Burner, No Burn/Finalize

  • From: "Mouton's Electronics" <moutons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 15:44:35 -0600

If anyone out there has a diagram or may have checked one of these, a few
answers would be very welcomed.  This unit is the one with a 3 cd changer on
the left and a single cd burner on the right. It plays cd's fine on the changer
side and also plays cd's on the burner side. However, when you put in a blank
"digital audio" recordable disc it says "opc error" then it seems to be fine.
Next if you try to burn a cd it seems to go through the process then in the
last 2 minutes it stops counting down the burn time. I let it sit for 10
minutes and the count down would not continue. I stopped the burn and it says
open disc, not finalized. I also noticed that the fan doesn't turn/come on.
Can someone tell me if there is a common fault for the fan and the burner or
does the fan quit if the burner drive fails? I don't have a diagram and have
never taken a look at these before.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Jason