[TechAssist] Re: Philips 36H800-7592 dead again

  • From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 08:21:45 -0500

Philips H8 chassis SSB

SYMPTOM:  TV will not turn on from standby.  Degauss relay
can be heard to click on/off.  The TV may turn on if the power button
is held in or pressed multiple times.

CURE: Replace zener diode 6031 on the SSB (small signal board) with
Service Code 9322 131 13685, a 2.4 volt part.  The zener is on the side
of the SSB facing the tuner, just above pin 5 of IC 7066.  The PWB is marked
A and K.  The end of the part with the bar is K.

Or replace the Small Signal Board.

The 2.4 volt part was used in production from December 1,  2000 forward.
The set back has a date stamp.

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager / Parts Manager