[TechAssist] Philips 32M800 bad IHVT- repaired

  • From: John at Main TV <maintv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 09:40:23 -0600

I just fixed this 32PS60 with chassis 32M800 and I wanted to make 2
comments.  It came in dead, it would come on for a few seconds and then
shut down.  When I scoped the horizontal output collector there were
multiple peaks so naturally I suspected the IHVT.  However when I
removed the transformer it would ring 13 times which Sencore would say
is good.  Also, after I replaced the transformer the set would come on
for 20 seconds with a good picture and then shut down.  But thanks to a
tip that was posted to tech-assist some time ago regarding critical
adjustment of G2 I solved that problem. (adjust G2 until retrace appears
and then turn down enough to clear the retrace)  Sorry, I do not know
who originally posted that tip but thank you very much.  I am beginning
to enjoy replacing these Philips transformers, they are good money.  John.

--
John Mielke
Main TV

Classifieds! Buy or Sell!