[TechAssist] Philips 27PT6442 Chassis L04.1U.AA Horizontal tearing

  • From: "Wally Heise" <sirepair@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Tech Assist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 22:34:53 -0600

Greetings,
This will be my last attempt to fix this dog.  It has horizontal tearing,
jagged edges on sides, video flickering back and forth, throughout the display.
 This is more noticeable in the center 2/3 of the crt, but is everywhere and
unacceptable.   The original problem with this tv was blown degaus thermistor,
which I replaced with the new Philips replacement per their instructions.  I
have the Force schematics for this set but still am at a lose on where to look
for this problem.  I have also checked the updates for this model per Force 32
and they are correct.  I have also replaced the hv flyback.

I notice the Vertical deflection pulse has horizontal frequency parabolic
signal ringing through the low side of the signal.  This parabolic signal has
an amplitude of about 15 volts peak to peak.  I haven't worked on one of these
flat screens before and am not sure if these pulses are meant to be there for
p/c or some kind of dynamic focus like monitors use.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,

Wally Heise
South Isle Repair