[TechAssist] Re: Philips 27PS55S321 / 27T800 manual 7629 TV Vertical shrunk

  • From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 14:18:11 -0400

THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION WAS DISTRIBUTED
CHASSIS      T8
MANUAL      7629

INFORMATION:  A small number of T8 chassis may exist with
fractured SMD capacitors in the Vertical circuit.  While these
parts will not show any noticeable symptom they could contribute
to failure of the Vertical Output IC 7471.

When replacing 7471 always replace SMD capacitors 2252
and 2253.  These parts are located under top mounted resistors
3244 and 3249 in section 7-E.  Use Service Code 3198 016 31020.

THIS INFORMATION REMAINS CORRECT BUT HAS
BEEN EXPANDED TO INCLUDE:
CHASSIS       S8       T8
MANUALS   7628   7629

SYMPTOM:  A small number of S8 and T8 chassis may show
vertical failure that includes size and linearity as well as failure
of the vertical (frame) IC 7471.  Other disturbances of vertical
scan could be involved, such as noise in vertical scan,
line pairing or bunching of scan lines and other unusual effects.
The following parts may be involved in these symptoms:

2244
2252
2253
2474  (not in S8)
3474
3479
Refer to Force for values, locations and Service Codes.
INFORMATION:  A small number of T8 chassis may exist with
fractured SMD capacitors in the Vertical circuit.  While these
parts will not show any noticeable symptom they could contribute
to failure of the Vertical Output IC 7471.

When replacing 7471 always replace SMD capacitors 2252
and 2253.  These parts are located under top mounted resistors
3244 and 3249 in section 7-E.  Use Service Code 3198 016 31020.

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager / Parts Manager
Gemini Computer, TV, & Security Alarms