[TechAssist] Re: Philips 25PS40 S321, Chassis 25T800 Off & On FIX

  • From: KEVIN Wilks <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 15:03:58 -0700

Actually an ESR of 1.7 is OK for a 47uF cap. According to Sencore a 47uF cap is
good up to an ESR of 9.88, which is much higher than what the Dick Smith chart
says. To err on the side of safety, if the ESR value is half way between the
two charts I will replace it.  If this cap was the cause of your problems, then
it must have been failing under load.