[TechAssist] Re: Pay Pal sucks

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 09:38:04 -0500

Phil, I have used PayPal over a hundred times both selling and buying
with it and have never had a problem so far. I don't think it was
PayPal's fault your web site kept linking to Paypal. The web site must
of had that programmed in to do that. If you remembered your password
then there wouldn't have been a problem using Paypal to pay. When and if
I get my web site running, I'm going to offer Paypal as a quick and easy
way for other techs to order parts from me. Otherwise, sending a money
order and waiting all that time until I can ship your item will take way
too long.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada
Est. 1984
email: gary (at) number63.ca

Philip Bader wrote:

> Last night My wife and I went to a web site order a board game.
> I started the process of entering my name, business name, shipping
> address,etc, then my wife's Mastercard. Clicked next to process.
> Well... the fun begins.
> "We have detected you have a Pay Pal account!"
> Then a page flips up requesting all the Pay Pal info, passwords,etc.
> Now, back months ago I started a Pay Pal account that I never used.
> Didn't like it.
> My wife also opened one to order collede books.
> The site detected my account due to my business address used and her
> account due to her Mastercard number we used.
> What a mess. It simply went in loops, not allowing me to just give the
> card, order the game, and take my freakin money!
> Since we were at work here, we didn't have any of the password info.
> Never could pay for the darn thing.
> Hyperlinked to Paypal. No help there.
> So, all you technogeeks who swear by this PayPal thing, you can have it.
> I'm sorry I ever opened that account.
> Phil Bader
> --
> Philip Bader
> Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
> 3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
> Fax (863) 299-8821
> email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> For Professional Technicians Only

> Classifieds! Buy or Sell!