[TechAssist] Re: Panasonic(VCR)--PV7450

  • From: "Premium Technologies" <premtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 23:02:20 -0800

Hi Roger,
Are you sure PV7450 and not PV4750?  It sounds a great deal like the
clutch/idler assembly problem or clutch belt.  Use a view-thru cassette and
see if the idler is making good contact with the supply and take-up reels in
each of the different modes.  I'd bet that upon loading the tape, and
beginning to play, the take-up reel isn't spinning and the sensor below the
take-up reel halts that action after sensing no movement.  Then, ejecting,
the idler gear isn't making good contact with the supply reel to take the
tape back into the cassette before ejecting the tape.  At least from what
you've explained.  If this is it you might think about ordering  a complete
tune-up kit for it, for a PV4750 it's a VMK-177 over at Studio Sound
http://www.iglou.com/studiosound/
Hope this helps.
Bill

Premium Technologies