[TechAssist] Panasonic Time Lapse VCR AG-RT600AP- pinch roller asembly problem

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 12:32:13 -0400

I have this Panasonic Time Lapse VCR AG-RT600AP which the pinch roller
assembly or the drive train to it is perhaps out of alignment. Unit came
into the shop with tape pulled out of cassette and around the pinch
roller. The roller itself is broken on it's mount so I ordered a new
pinch roller assembly. Installed it and I heard some gears grinding or
whatever. Noticed there was a bit of play vertically whereas I could
push and pull the assembly up and down about 1/16 to 1/8 inch on the
pole. Took it apart and found the little tab on the arm of the pinch
roller assy. that slides in the cam gear track below it, snapped off.
luckily that part on the original pinch roller assy. is still ok so I
can use that but I am afraid that I'll just end up snapping that one
too. Part cost me $30.00 CDN by the time I had it shipped. Is there a
common alignment or other problem with these?

I have posted a photo of the pinch roller mounted and not installed.

http://www.number63.ca/pinch-roller.jpg

Thanks for any help.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics