[TechAssist] Panasonic PV-D4742 combi DVD power supply dead

  • From: "John at Main TV" <maintv2004@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 17:36:40 -0700

Hello.  I am working on this VCR-DVD combi made in 2002.  The VCR works but
the DVD is dead (it uses it's own PS).  I do have the service manual.  The
parts list calls for a C5HABZZ00101 regulator but it came with a STR-G6632.
I changed it but did not help.  The voltages on the PS chip are;
1= +163v
2 and 3 = 0v
4= +12.8v
5= +0.6v
I am working on this with the DVD mech unplugged from the board, I assume
this is OK.  I do not see any feedback from the DVD.  The loads are not
shorted.  There is no action from the DVD PS at all.  I have checked all the
components in the primary circuit and find nothing bad.  Are there any
common problems with these?  Does anyone have a suggestion before I throw
this in the trash?    John.

John Mielke
Main TV
636 main St.