[TechAssist] Panasonic PV4411 VCR no FF/RW

  • From: Paul <dntwntv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:45:55 -0800 (PST)

I replaced a broken slide rod and everything else works normal but will not FF
or Rewind. The capstan motor does not move when those functions are called for.
Removed the belt to see if anything was loading down the capstan motor. Motor
still does not move in FF/Rew. The display says FF or Rew. then after a few
seconds due to no activity it shuts off. It will forward and reverse search.
Have cleaned the mode switch. Have doubled checked the timing. Difficult to get
to the micro while it is working. Any ideas? I thought about replacing the mode
sw but it appears to be OK.     Paul

Paul ,B
                                     Central TV&Video

Grover Beach Ca.