[TechAssist] Re: Panasonic NV-8100 No EP?

  • From: "C&W Electronics" <c_w_electronics@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 20:37:14 -0500

Yes, Ken,
All of the first VCRs were SP ONLY.

Paul W
C&W Electronics
Azle Texas

From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TechAssist] Panasonic NV-8100 No EP?
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 13:11:36 -0500

Friends,

This has to one of the oldest VCR's I've ever worked on.  Actually, not a
VCR, is a player only.

After replacing the typical belts and tires, unit works fine playing
pre-recorded SP tapes.  Prerecorded EP play at same speed with poor pix
and chipmunk audio.

Question--is it possible this will play in SP only (by design)?  I've
never seen one like that, but it is possible.  Of course I scrubbed the
ACE head.  This looks like a commercial unit.

BTW, the unit was given to my customer, and she doesn't know about the
speed.

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway