[TechAssist] Re: Panasonic LCD model PT-50LC13

  • From: Jim Myers <jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 10:56:06 -0500

Sometimes the lamp is bad but looks just like a good one.
There are a few things to check on the ballast, you can unmount it,
remove the shield cover and flip it around to get to the front of the
board. Then check across P1302 and P1303 for AC line voltage.
Check P1301 pin 4 (the tech line guy said 17v but I get -81v)
Check P1301 pin 1 (the tech line guy said 19v but I get +92v)
Maybe I heard wrong
Then check P1305 pin 1, should be lo in standby and hi when power is on.
Then check P1305 pin 2, it should go hi when the lamp should turn on.

On the PT-60LC14 that I am working on the lamp does not light, I jumped
P1305 pin 1 to pin 2 and the lamp then lights so I know the lamp is
good, it should be since it is a new lamp. Anyway you can make these
checks and maybe verify if the lamp is good and possible if the ballast
is good. The one I have is a Store Stock set so I can play around with
it and order parts to try, I have the ballast on order now since it
looks like it should turn the lamp on but does not.

The Old Master Technician
Since 1972                     *
Jim Myers                      *
Telrad Electronics             *