[TechAssist] Re: Panasonic KV27S15 Q591

  • From: "Hoyt's TV" <hoytstv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 10:21:01 -0500

How do the rest of you feel about using non-Sony transistors as
replacements.

I had a BiiiiG Sony in last year and had to do the HOT, regulator, fuse
resistor, thing.
Got a "kit" from my local distributor and was very lucky that it sat on my
bench for a couple days running (it was too big to move till I was ready to
take it back). Then they all wiped out again. Sure glad I didn't take it
back and have to go get it again. It took three men and a boy to move it.

I Called Fulton's tech line and was told this was typical, and I HAD to use
Sony replacements. They sent them, plus the four caps they said it needed
also. It's still running as far as I know. They said there are a lot of
counterfeit Sony parts out there. These did appear to have Sony labels on
them.

I don't know if it was the caps that did the trick or if I really needed
gen-u-wine Sony parts.

Russ Hoyt
Hoyt's TV
Exeter, NH