[TechAssist] Re: Panasonic DVD

  • From: <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 09:00:47 -0600

Ok, see this, again from the welcome message:

FAQ's:

1.  With our list, "reply" and "reply all" ("reply to group")
     have the SAME function.

Don't do any kind of 'highlighting' or 'editing' of the
message, that may be where the problem is occurring.  Just
hit 'reply' and type your text, then send, (and of course
before you do, be SURE the thread/email your are replying to
is below the text in the email you just typed).  You're doing
that part ok, but some don't.  If you have any more
questions, please feel free to contact me off list.  :-)

TechAssist Administration
http://tech-assist.org
techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

From: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, January 21, 2002 9:08 PM

>I thought I did.  Like I said below, the thread was fine but
>I did not write that text that was below this email address.
>Just click 'reply' so the emails will go out with the header
>intact showing correctly who sent the email.
>
>Yes, about cross posting, FYI:
>
>7.  Cross-posting (sending to more than one email repair
list
>     and to an individual at a time) is not allowed because
>     of the following: When a member of any email list is
not
>     a member of ALL email lists someone cross-posts to, and
>     they "reply all" to one of these posts, the email will
>     be not only bounced back to the persons trying to reply
>     to your post, but also cause bounced error messages at
>     the email lists.  Please send to ONE LIST at a time
with
>     nothing in the CC: OR BCC: field.  Send to one, then
>     simply copy and paste the text into another email, then
>     send it.  Or, simply go to your 'sent email' folder
then
>     re-send it, remove the previous header and put the
other
>     email address in the "To:" field.  If you are NOT
>     sending email to any lists, then of course it is ok and
>     up to you if you want to CC or BCC to more than one
>     INDIVIDUAL.
>
>TechAssist Administration
>http://tech-assist.org
>techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

me
>know what it
>is,  I'm not good at guessing,   thought a thread meant that
>you don't erase
>the previous answers and stuff attached to the original
>email.    right or
>wrong ???  need to know.... also please explain cross
>posting.;   is this
>putting more than one address in the "to" line ?  they
didn't
>teach
>computers when I went to college,  have to learn as I go.
no
>time to take a
>class.
>
>brock