[TechAssist] Re: Panasonic CTL2042R out of sync

  • From: "Webster TV" <webstertv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 14:00:14 -0600

Al,

Here's something you may want to check, I had a similar problem( distorted
picture, looked like poor aft and also poor sound, also picture was out of
sync horizontally and vertically) with a slightly older Quasar. After
spending numerous hours and replacing numerous parts(IC101,IC301, X101 saw
filter, L152 aft coil, X102 4.5mhz trap) I still had the same problem. The
fix was a open VCO coil L104. This coil is located off of pins 15 &16 of
IC101. One of the wires was broke off of one of the posts inside the coil.
Removed the outside can and resoldered wire back on to solve the problem. By
the way I don't have the exact schematic for your set, but have several that
are close.

                                      HTH
                                      Dan Webster
                                      Webster's TV