[TechAssist] Panasonic CT-32SX31E question relating to the HOT..2SC5517

  • From: Randy Evans <tvsvc2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 17:43:49 -0700 (PDT)

Should this transistor (2SC5517) have a "normal" silicon diode drop from Base
to Collector, and from the Base to Emitter ?

I'm measuring 22 ohms dc resistance from Base to Emitter either polarity.
The datasheet doesn't show a built-in resistor, or Damper Diode, so I think I
have a Shorted HOT !  It's just shows it as a normal NPN Horizontal Output
Transistor.

Thanks for any advice !

Randy J. Evans
VCR SERVICE