[TechAssist] Panasonic CT-31G30T/Chassis-ANEDP252

  • From: "Tri-County Tv" <tricountytv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 22:44:42 -0400

Good Evening Fellow Techs,
                      This Panasonic CT-31G30T came in dead, IC801 (STK730-20)
was shorted. I ordered one from MCM because I already had an open order with
them so I just added it to the order, to save shipping. I installed the IC and
now the TV will come on sometimes and sometimes not. When it is on, the 130V B+
is running at 119V and all the other voltages are about 10% low. I have check
and replaced everything I can think of in the power supply and it makes no
difference. I am thinking the problem is the regulator IC801. When I ordered it
from MCM they listed a Panasonic IC and a MCM IC, the MCM IC was instock and
the Panasonic was not. I'm going to order the original from Tritronics and see
what happens, but is there anything I am missing ?
Tom Berger
Tri-County TV
Robbinsville
North Carolina 28771