[TechAssist] Panasonic CT27G31U Chassis AEDP272 regulator IC801 runs very hot

  • From: MDileo0000@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 14:09:15 EST

Hi Folks,

I serviced this for a shorted regulator, IC801 and blown primary fuse 3
months ago and it is back with the same failure. I replaced the regulator,
STK730-020, once again and the run voltages are normal, but the regulator is
too hot
to lay my finger on. I have had a few of these recently and all seem to have
hot regulators. Is there something causing this or is it normal? Could not find
anything in the archives or members tips. If someone could upload to the
members area a schematic of any Panasonic/Quasar that uses this regulator, it
would
be appreciated. Thanks again,

Dominic DiLeo
Atlantic TV