[TechAssist] Re: Panasonic AG520D No VCR Play

  • From: "Premium Technologies" <premtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 10:14:34 -0800

Jeff,
At the critical moment, see if your mode switch has any play in it.  Check
the right side of the tape carriage.  Some of the Panasonic combos have a
metal gear rack that mesh with a round horizontal gear on the deck. This is
kind of hard to see, but on this gear rack as it slides on the plastic side
plate, there is a small piece of plastic that breaks off causing timing to
jump as the cassette is loaded.
Hope this helps
Bill

Premium Technologies