[TechAssist] Re: Packard Bell 1024S Monitor, Back Removal

  • From: "Bruce Youmans" <youmans@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 20:34:27 -0700

Tried a couple of good whacks on the top while pulling on the bottom. No
success.

I'm surprised that there is not a special tool for removing the backs on
monitors. Also, that there is not something published in all the service
literature explaining the trick to removing the backs without cracking, or
scratching the case, or worst case breaking the neck of the crt when the
back does let go and it hits the circuit board on the neck.

There must be a shop somewhere that routinely repairs monitors and know the
trick to removing the back on these stubborn ones.

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Bruce
Bruce's TV Service
Sierra Vista, Arizona