[TechAssist] Re: PTV coolant

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 17:10:18 -0400

BTW back in the early 90's I think, I had one of my first projo repairs
with a distortion in the picture the Philips tech line said was low
fluid.It was a Magnavox PTV3??, 46". Philips tech actually said to go to
the drug store,buy good pharmaceutical distilled water and a bulb
syringe, and if the original fluid was clear, just add the water to
bring it up.It would mix OK. I did, and it was OK for the years i knew
the customer. I never heard of the water deal on the forum. But: say you
are rushing a fluid job, customer due to pick up next day, ran out of
fluid.need one more bottle to top off the CRTs. Distilled water would
save the day.
Just a thought from a "ol timer".
Phil Bader

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx