[TechAssist] Re: PTV Unusaul Coolant Leak - Fixed

  • From: Bil Green <tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: walter wood <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 23:38:12 -0700

I don't think I've ever had a customer call because their Toshiba is
too green. I sure can't help but notice it when servicing the set.

Maybe I'm right and many of them (not just in my area obviously) are
too green and even some of you techs see the colors differently, or
are just not that picky (same as the customers, and the guy at the
factory).

Whenever I say the picture's too green, my partner usually agrees
(but doesn't see the green as much as me). Customers always like the
picture better when the blue is cranked up to produce a better grey
scale.

--
Best regards,

 Bil Green
 PC 1000
 Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546
 760-924-1000                           mailto:tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx

ww> I have had one of the direct view Toshiba's with
ww> the "too much green".
ww> Our General manager bought it, and mentioned that
ww> fact.
ww> I said that we would go to his house and fix it
ww> anytime.
ww> That rocked on for a long time.
ww> One day, I mentioned it to him and he said, I like
ww> it the way it is.
ww> Go figure!!!!
ww> Walter

ww> --- Bil Green <tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]
>> But I did have one with all the lens wing nuts
>> completely loose
>> - new set, right out of the box (terrible focus).
>>
>> The one I worked on today never had any glue on
>> the CRT convergence
>> tabs (factory mistake). Just barely touched them
>> and they moved.
>> So on this one also, the loose wing nuts were
>> probably Toshibas
>> mistake.
>>
>> One thing I notice over the years. One shop may
>> see few problems
>> with a particular brand, and a shop in a
>> different area (maybe
>> partly do to the climate) will see lots of
>> problems with that same
>> brand.
>>
>> I may have over reacted when I said that Toshibas
>> suck, but I
>> couldn't believe how many important things were
>> loose on this
>> one set! (and not the first time). I expect more
>> from a good
>> quality Japanese product. But then they are
>> assembled by good ol'
>> Americans now (last I heard).
>>
>> --
>> Best regards,
>>
>>  Bil Green
>>  PC 1000
>>  Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546
>>  760-924-1000
>> mailto:tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx
>>
>> Wednesday, June 16, 2004, 7:43:06 PM, you wrote:
>>
>> GS> Bill,
>> GS>      I guess your probably a service center
>> only & don't sell TV's,  because
>> GS> if you did you would not be bitchin about
>> something that is your source of
>> GS> income.  I sell TV's & can honestly say that
>> Toshiba is by far the least
>> GS> troublesome TV that we sell & service.  I
>> have only repaired 3 Toshiba's
>> GS> under warranty since I've been selling them
>> for many years.  I can't say
>> GS> that about the RCA's, Zenith's, & Hitachi's
>> (even though Hitachi's are
>> GS> excellent sets).  You must have a Toshiba
>> dealer in your area that sells a
>> GS> ton of them because they have one of the best
>> failure rates of any brand &
>> GS> are one of the easiest to repair.  The 65HX81
>> is a 3-4 yr old  set that has
>> GS> had a very good track record.  I suspect
>> someone worked on this set before
>> GS> you got it.  I sell hundreds of Toshiba's &
>> have seen less than 1% of the
>> GS> sets grey scale off out of the box.  The only
>> gripe I have is their
>> GS> packaging is not as good as most.  I can also
>> say that if you took a poll of
>> GS> the tech's on this forum that they will agree
>> that they see fewer problems
>> GS> with Toshiba's than any other brand.  Guess
>> you haven't seen many Samsung,
>> GS> Akai, Panasonic, Mitsubishi, Zenith's & the 2
>> worst NAP & RCA's projo's,
>> GS> which are job security for your repair shop.
>> Be pleased when you have work.
>> GS> Toshiba TV's are like the old Chrysler
>> transmissions for the transmission
>> GS> shop, the shop would go under if it wasn't

ww>
>> GS> Lost Password:
>> GS> http://www.tech-assist.org  and select "Login
>> Problems?".