[TechAssist] Re: PTV Unusaul Coolant Leak - Fixed

  • From: Bil Green <tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Ron Miller d.b.a. Country TV" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 20:48:57 -0700

BTW, I don't bitch about most TV failures. Just had a bad moment
today. I suppose I'm entitled to at least one outbreak per year, eh.
'try to keep it down for a few more months.

--
Best regards,

 Bil Green
 PC 1000
 Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546
 760-924-1000                           mailto:tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx

RMdbaCT> Right On Greg!
RMdbaCT> Country TV
RMdbaCT> Ron Miller
RMdbaCT> Inez, TX. 77968

RMdbaCT> ----- Original Message -----
RMdbaCT> From: "Greg Smith" <gaserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
RMdbaCT> To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
RMdbaCT> Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 9:43 PM
RMdbaCT> Subject: [TechAssist] Re: PTV Unusaul Coolant Leak - Fixed

>> Bill,
>>      I guess your probably a service center only & don't sell TV's,
RMdbaCT> because
>> if you did you would not be bitchin about something that is your source of
>> income.  I sell TV's & can honestly say that Toshiba is by far the least
>> troublesome TV that we sell & service.  I have only repaired 3 Toshiba's
>> under warranty since I've been selling them for many years.  I can't say
>> that about the RCA's, Zenith's, & Hitachi's (even though Hitachi's are
>> excellent sets).  You must have a Toshiba dealer in your area that sells a
>> ton of them because they have one of the best failure rates of any brand &
>> are one of the easiest to repair.  The 65HX81 is a 3-4 yr old  set that
RMdbaCT> has
>> had a very good track record.  I suspect someone worked on this set before
>> you got it.  I sell hundreds of Toshiba's & have seen less than 1% of the
>> sets grey scale off out of the box.  The only gripe I have is their
>> packaging is not as good as most.  I can also say that if you took a poll
RMdbaCT> of
>> the tech's on this forum that they will agree that they see fewer problems
>> with Toshiba's than any other brand.  Guess you haven't seen many Samsung,
>> Akai, Panasonic, Mitsubishi, Zenith's & the 2 worst NAP & RCA's projo's,
>> which are job security for your repair shop.  Be pleased when you have
RMdbaCT> work.
>> Toshiba TV's are like the old Chrysler transmissions for the transmission
>> shop, the shop would go under if it wasn't for Chevy & Ford's.  Greg

RMdbaCT> ---
>> Lost Password:
>> http://www.tech-assist.org  and select "Login Problems?".
>> Email Archives: