[TechAssist] Re: PTK195KB convergence off/not there

  • From: "tvservice" <tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 10:04:35 -0600

remove convergence yokes plugs 1 at time, power up see if  +/-15 and +/-45
stay then plug back in 1 at time till see which one shuts down P/S
which ever yoke plugged in that caused P/S to shutdown is problem
if no +/-15 and +/-45 with all three conv yokes loose trouble shoot P/S
If this model uses stk730-xxx have seen it intermittent also surface mount
cap on both model check C19706 leaky replace with 239176 820pf chip
and replace al 4 secondary rectifiers may check good but will break down
under load. Usually just missing 1 of the +/- voltages though.
hth
Robert
tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
H & H Electronics Inc