[TechAssist] Re: PKT195 Convergence

  • From: "Jerry" <geiting@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 17:32:09 -0400

By "convergence gone" do you mean you have no convergence or no access to
service or customer convergence menus?  If it's no convergence is the
convergence supply running?  It has a rather elaborate shutdown circuit that
will detect about any overload. If you have convergence, but can't access it
to adjust, then there is a communication problem to the main micro.  When
this set is turned on, the main micro will poll the devices in the set and
if it doesn't find the convergence micro, it will assume it is a direct view
set and not provide the convergence menu options.  One thing to check is the
3 pin cable that plugs into the convergence board. I don't remember the
symbol #, but it plugs in near the shielded area of the board and on some
chassis, the connector it plugs into will have 2 slots.  1 for normal
operation and 1 for "test".  Make sure it is plugged into the correct
(normal) position. You might want to look at the clock and data lines for
activity.

Jerry Eiting
Christians Electronic Service
Troy, Ohio