[TechAssist] Re: PIP no Color

  • From: "Electric Medic" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 21:04:00 -0500

Bad PIP module. I know this is generic, but we have test ones that we plug
in to eliminate the PIP. On those it is normally bad fish caps, C7001 causes
no video. I would check them all for leaks, and replace as necessary. If the
flat pack IC is corroded, it probably is bad, in which case you will have to
replace the PIP module. If you repair that module, be sure to change all
leaky caps, or it will recall.  The modules are still available, but not
from Mitsubishi.

Perry Bower
Electric Medic
"It's Cheaper to Keep Her"
3850 Washington Road  Suite 5b
Martinez, Georgia 30907
Phone: 706-8MEDIC4  (863-3424)
Phone: 706-863-3474
Fax: 706-863-2316
Website: www.electricmedic.com
mailto:info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"WE REPAIR WITH CARE"
More Info: www.augusta-ga.bbb.org/report.html?compid=6001278&national=y

Factory Trained Authorized Service Center For:  Fisher, GE, KEC/KTV, Konka,
Mitsubishi, Panasonic, Philips Magnavox, Pioneer, ProSCAN, RCA, Samsung,
Sanyo, Sharp, SONY, Technics, Zenith

Provide Extended care for: AON, Circuit City, GE Contracts, Glass Agency,
Philips Contracts, NEW, Rex