[TechAssist] PIONEER SD-P5053 PTV VIDEO PROBLEMS

  • From: Jorge Camboni <geo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 05:22:10 -0500

Hi techs, this SD-P5053 is driving me nuts, just repaired bad
convergence module (lots of 220mf/16 fishy dry caps), STK4277, lots of
cold solder and now the set comes on with perfect picture for a few minutes
and then the video vanishes.. The OSD remains, sound remains, and it
happens only with the tuner, the inputs video 1 thru video 3 have no problem
at all, so the problem seems to lie in the video if / video switch.
I have no schematics, just had to bring the main board from the customer's
home, I am afraid I will have to work blind. No hints anywhere for that
problem, except for newer models with separate if box, which this one hasn't.
Any  clues/hints/tips will be greatly appreciated.
TIA
Jorge

Jorge Camboni, GY Electronics, Richardson, TX