[TechAssist] Re: PIONEER REC - MDL: SX-850 NO AUDIO

  • From: "Glenn Larkman" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 09:25:42 -0700

Fred,

Firstly, check for DC on the emmitters of the outputs.
If there is, then you've found the reason for the speaker relay not kicking
in. It will usuially only have a problem in one channel or the other inwhich
case you can use the good channel for comparative measurements.
I there is no DC on the out puts or you have the same DC on both channel
outputs look for a bad regulator(very common).
A bad reg. can force non operation by losing the supply voltage to the relay
coil or by causing dc on the outputs of BOTH channels by dropping a supply
rail to the pre-amp for example.
HTH

Glenn Larkman
Audiotech