[TechAssist] Re: PHILIPS SERVICE CLOSING

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 13:38:41 -0500

Its all about control of pricing! Take any service or product and figure out
what price you will have to charge to support it. If you can get that price
then you are automatically successful. Have a problem? Just raise your price
to cover it and all is well again. If you lose control of pricing then you
are doomed unless you make major changes to reduce costs. American
companies, and companies in other countries, have lost control of pricing.
Thats why all these major changes and moves are taking place with production
moving from country to country and companies abandoning marketing of certain
products. Thats a simple concept. The thing that takes analysis is just what
happend to cause loss of price control for each specific industry.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave
Greenville SC 29609