[TechAssist] Re: PANASONIC PV-2800BK *Stops in PLAY, REW, FF, RECORD*

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <premtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 14:01:11 -0500

Considering the elapsed time for it to stop, it is most likely a reel stop,
possibly a drum lock stop. You appear to have checked the common
possibilities
Most of the problems we have seen with that model were dried out capacitors
in the power supply. Noisy power will confuse the servo and could cause the
symptoms you describe. I would think that noisy power would also affect the
tuner picture, especially when a motor starts.
Other problems with that model were caused by dried out or shorted
electrolytics in various circuits.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave