[TechAssist] PANASONIC DVD, RV31, No color

  • From: Wallyusmc1@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 11:45:48 EST

Hi gang,
1.  Panasonic CT27SFV1 will not play DVD's in color from this player,
However, it will show color when I play a VCR through the same video jacks.
2. This DVD, when played through the video jacks through another TV,
Panasonic CT32G21V, will play in color.  It also plays on a Sony monitor in
color.

Had a similar experience the other day when I attempted to play a DVD through
the video jacks of a Samsung TV.  In this case, the DVD played through a
Zenith TV and would not play either video or audio through the Samsung.  When
I hooked up a VCR to the same terminals, I had video and audio.
Am I in a time warp or is there a logical explanation?
Walt

Walt Chambers, LtCol USMC (Retired)
Walt's TV/VCR Service
3753 Mission Ave, STE 117