[TechAssist] PA Toshiba projector TDP-S3..dim lamp...

  • From: "Intrepid Video Support" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 19:53:52 -0400

I have a call on this projector later in the week...my first one.
Downloaded the service manual, thanks to Toshiba's kindness on providing this
information to us..
>From looking at the troubleshooting guide, possibilities are the lamp(customer
>says they replaced),
Controller ECA(510-1530-xx) or optical engine (505-1181)
First, is there any way to determine which is at fault, before purchasing the
wrong part?
Secondly, where do these parts come from? I checked Tritronics, they only list
the lamp....very expensive
lamp..
Any help appreciated..
Thank you.