[TechAssist] Re: Orion combi's repeat failure horiz driver transformer

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 13:28:17 -0500

Usually the problem is a turn-to-turn short in the primary. Could be a
defect in the wire insulation or maybe the insulation was damaged by the
wire handling by a subcontractor winding by hand in a cottage industry.
Orion says should measure 10 ohms but the resistance change could be small
or large depending on what shorts to what. Could be that only a small
percentage of the transformers will fail and your customer just had the bad
luck to get a couple of them. In any case, you have no way of knowing what
will happen in the future. If the customer is unhappy, have him talk to
Orion Customer Relations. Maybe they will kick in something to pay for the
repair.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave