[TechAssist] Optonica(Sharp) SM-4305 amplifier. Replacement STK0050II keep going out.Need # RH-IX1229AFZZ

  • From: Dale Lubow <harristv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TechAssist <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 16:16:41 -0600

I Have a Optonica(Sharp) Amplifier model# SM-4305 that came in with IC302
STK0050II Output IC shorted. Replaced it, ran fine for several days. The
customer picked it up and a week or so later brought it back in. The same
STK was shorted again. This time I switched the good original from the IC301
position into IC302's position and stuck another new one in IC301's
position. The customer also replaced his speaker wire and took the unit home
again. Well it just came back in with the new IC bad in the IC301 position
bad again but the original Sharp IC still OK. The only thing I can think of
is the current line of STK0050II are just not a good enough replacement. Of
course the originals from Sharp are NLA. Would anyone happen to have a
RH-IX1229AFZZ Sharp IC in stock? Or have any idea why the generics won't
work?
--
Dale A. Lubow CET
Harris TV & Appliance