[TechAssist] Re: One more try Samsung PCH521R May need schematic. Convergence problem.

  • From: GERALD GANN <alpha21century1234@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 12:58:45 -0800 (PST)

  PCH521R is definitely different than the PCJ522R. The convergence and the
audio board are together and stand up on the left side looking from the back. I
can download the PCH521R from ServiceManuals.net but I thought I would check
one more time on the list before I spend the $24.00.
       OK Here?s the lowdown. After changing all there STK?s and the 3A fuse in
the P/S as stated in T/A tip. I set up the convergence to perfection and saved.
After doing that I noticed I only had audio coming from one speaker. Being
convergence and audio are on the same board I reached inside from the front to
flex the board, I only assume I did this so I could hear if the other speaker
came on. Anyway whammm it got me. That hurts. I don?t know where the high
voltage came from but it burned a pin hole in my middle finger and a small mark
on my pointer finger when I touched the audio IC heat sink. You can call me
dummy I know I should have used a wooden stick. I could be wrong but my guess
would be it has happened to all of us at some time or another.
        Anyway after that I pulled the convergence/audio board and resoldered
the audio circuit audio came back on both sides but convergence was back to the
way it was before I started. Question could the high voltage zap have taken out
the 3 STK?s or do need to go to the power supply? I checked all the fuses on
the power supply board and they are good. I do need the schematic for the
PCH521R
       Sorry for the long post but I thought it necessary to tell all to get a
good response. Thanks.
  Jerry
  Alpha 21 Electronics
  Granite City, IL 62040
  618-452-8620
  alpha21century1234@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

GERALD GANN <alpha21century1234@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Thanks Bill that?s why I
ask I have the PCJ522R.

The convergences board is definitely different. As long as the

procedure or the same I can go from there. I did a PCJ522R

awhile back and had to order a special remote to save changes.

Thanks again.

Jerry
Alpha 21 Electronics
Granite City, IL 62040
618-452-8620
alpha21century1234@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Premium Technologies
wrote: Gerald,
Almost identical, both are the same chassis, and the PCJ522R is on file in the
members
area... If you have any problems getting it I have it and I'd be glad to
download it or
sections of it that you need...
Bill

William Rayburn, CET