[TechAssist] Old VM turntable cycling gear not stopping

  • From: "Myers TV" <myerstv@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Tech-assist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 15:42:32 -0400

Hi all,

I'm doing an old Telefunken ( made by V-M)turntable, aand have reached a
point where it looks like I might have to take a file to the slide assembly.

As you know, the cycling gear is turned by the the gearing on the center of
the platter. A metal post  potrudes from the cycling gear, and moves the
slide assembly. When the cycle is complete, the post stops in a notch on the
slide assembly, thus stopping the gear fom starting another revolution. The
above is just do give you an idea which turntable I'm talking about.

Anyway, one side of the notch seems to have "rounded out". The cycling gear
continues after a very short pause. I've already checked the lever which
starts the gear moving. It is retracting, ok. I'm thinking of filing the
notch, on the slide a bit deeper.

I've done a bunch of the newer V-M's, and have never had to do any filing.
This one is circa 1963. I just wanted some opinions before I take a file to
it.

John Myers
Myers TV Service Co.    Since 1984
Alliance, OH