[TechAssist] Old Panasonic VCR (model missing) need ID for D10 in power supply

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 18:17:59 -0500

I have an Old Panasonic VCR (model missing). I need ID for D10 in the
power supply. The power supply number is: VEPS0162. The VCR is old
enough that it has the thumbwheel tuning adjustments but it is more of
the more modern look to it, not the ancient 6" high models from the
early 80's. D10 is in a small 3 pin package (like an ECG14 or 15 type
case). Pins 2 and 3 of the diode are soldered together so it is really
just
2 connections. The diode is in the secondary of the transformer and must
be a low voltage rectifier because it leads to a 1000uF 6.3V cap.
The only number on the diode is 62
Would an NTE 552 or similar work ok?

The reason I ask is in case it's a special diode type like Schoctky or
whatever.
--

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics