[TechAssist] Re: Off subject: Letter in "Works" on laptop jibberish on desktop

  • From: "Tech Repair CD support" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 18:46:57 -0400

Harlan,
Are you sure you ARE trying to open with the same program?
You can not use WORD to open a Works program.
If you can, send me the file from your laptop and I will try to convert it.
If worse comes to worse, I think you can open with TXT, notepad and see if the
program saved OK.
Make sure you move it from floppy to your hard drive and does the file have the
Works icon?
Jeff
FAX 717-564-4952
Intrepid Video & Electronics
501 Luther Rd
Harrisburg PA 17111-2055
Be careful of your thoughts.
They may become your words any moment.
Order your tip CD today. Filled with TV, VCR, camcorder tips and more.
Version 3.0, ready, with more tips, user friendly program.
$49.00 for CD, plus first year of tip updates.
sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for more info
www.tech-repair.net www.intrepid-video.com
www.thetoolcaddy.com www.9-11-2001tragedy.com