[TechAssist] Re: Noisey coils & Transformers

  • From: "Damon" <DAMON101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 07:47:20 -0500

I read a posting  that suggested using a hot glue gun. I got the opportunity
to use it on an IHVT recently and it works even better than silicone.
Silicone is just too flexy where the hot glue isn't. I'm switching to hot
glue from now on.

As for isolating the culprit, I roll up a piece of paper into a cone, stick
it in my ear and find the loudest point. That will at least isolate it to 1
or 2 coils.
So that ringing in my ears is Tinnitus eh? I always thought it was from
drinking too much coffee.

Damon Brunger
damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Telrad Electronic Services