[TechAssist] No more-Re: Re: Ask For The Diode/Transistor Subbing Charts

  • From: <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 04:10:51 -0600

2.  OFF TOPIC (OT) POSTS: For example,
     THANK YOU's, PASSWORD QUESTIONS,
     "TEST" EMAILS, REMOVAL, etc:  Since this
     is now such a high traffic list, we're sorry but can no
     longer tolerate off topic posts!  We have members
     leave almost everyday due to receiving too many
     emails.  They all complain that there are too many
     OT posts, too many *thank you's* and too many
     emails regarding list operation or passwords
     posted to the list.  The administration is ALL FOR
     humor, and thanking fellow members for help, so
     PLEASE continue to do this, but unfortunately, it
     CANNOT be done ON list!  Please DO NOT post
     these type of emails to the list.  Send the thank
     you's (i.e. "thanks, I'll try that", etc.) privately to
     the individual's email address and not to the list.

     If you have nothing to contribute to a post, please
     DO NOT reply to it.  By ONLY posting to the list
     emails that help ALL members, ONLY posting
     emails that are ON TOPIC and not off topic, and
     NOT deleting the previous emails on a thread, can
     we keep & insure that all emails posted to the list
     will be of use to ALL of our valued members.  To
     sum it up; just use your head guys!  :)  THINK
     BEFORE you "reply", just simply ask yourself,
     "will this reply make sense"?  And, "will this reply
     be of benefit to ALL members"?  Remember,
     your posts and replies to posts are now being
     seen by over 700 members worldwide!!  Don't
     forget we have a chat list just for OT posts!
     (See #7 in FAQ's below).

This of course includes the more than a dozen "send to me
too" type posts.
Thanks,
TechAssist Administration
http://tech-assist.org