[TechAssist] Re: New lawsuit against Thomson

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:52:03 -0500

You can sue anybody for anything you want to. If you are asking for more
than a small amount, so that it cannot go to small claims court, then you
have to find a lawyer willing to take the case. If the lawyer does not feel
certain of winning and being able to collect, then the lawyer will ask you
to pay a fee and expenses in advance. If you lose or the judge feels that
the lawsuit was frivolous, you may also be required to pay the court costs.
Some people sue for the nuisance value, knowing that they will receive a
settlement without going to court because the party being sued doesnt want
to go to the expense of defending themselves or doesnt want the publicity.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave
Greenville SC 29609